Last Updated: August 15, 2015
By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site. We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
- What Types of Information Does TG Collect From Me?
TG gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a person as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal a person’s specific identity.
- Personally Identifiable Information. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to sign up for a newsletter), we may require that you furnish PII. We collect PII from you through the Site, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, TG and its third party service providers and business partners may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from five different sources: (i) environmental variables, (ii) cookies, (iii) pixel tags and other similar technologies, and (iv) information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide. TG also collects Non-PII (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. Such information constitutes Non-PII because, unless combined with PII, it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
- IP Address. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- How Does TG Use Information Collected From Me?
- Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. TG may use PII about you to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to send newsletters to you, process your donation, or fulfill your purchase).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use PII about you to send to you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
iii. Other Communications. From time to time, we may use PII about you to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt-out of receiving such e-mails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of these e mails. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- E-mails to Friends. We may provide functionality to permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend’s e-mail address so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to your friend.
- Promotions. We may operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, “Promotions”) through the Site. We typically ask you for certain PII when you enter and, if applicable, win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about TG’s use of PII about you. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of PII about you conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
- How Is Personally Identifiable Information Disclosed?
- Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment and other services of an administrative nature. We reserve the right to share PII about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any PII you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Promotions. We reserve the right to share the PII you provide in connection with Promotions with third-party sponsors of such Promotions (irrespective of whether such Promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about a sponsor’s or other third parties’ use of PII about you. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of PII about you conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
- Profiles. We may provide functionality on the Site that allows you to create a “profile page” (your “Profile”) and post certain information and materials on your Profile. Please note that your Profile, including all PII available in your Profile, may be accessible to other users. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII about you, or any other information, in your Profile. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF ANY PII YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR PROFILE.
- Information Posted by Visitors. TG may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Site becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain PII (for example, a link to your Profile that contains PII), will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party another non-profit entity in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of TG’s business or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose PII about you to others as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of TG, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose PII about you to law enforcement agencies to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
- Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
- Security. We seek to have security measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect PII about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Site or upload for storage in connection with the Site is so transmitted or stored at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 4.e (“Contacting Us”) below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
- Updating PII. If you would like to update PII that you have previously provided to us through the Site, you may do so by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by TG from the United States, and is not intended to subject TG to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. TG does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
- Contacting Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.