Conscious College Road Tour 2018
A unique, interactive, and hands-on opportunity for students to become mobilized around sustainable solutions on campus.
Turning Green has just completed our 7th Annual Conscious College Road Tour, a seven-week cross country journey. March 21 – May 2, 2018, the tour stopped at sixteen college campuses across the U.S. The CCRT informs students on a variety of sustainability themes, empowers them to create tangible change on their campuses and local community, and mobilizes them around a student-led sustainability project on campus. We are inspired by the engaged and motivated students we met along the way who are working for sustainable change across the county.
When does the CCRT take place again? March 18 through May 2, 2019 at 16 college campuses.
The tour features a Conscious Information Station tabling event focused on sustainable lifestyle themes and a Town Hall dinner to develop a collaborative student led campus initiative at each school.
Who hosts the event? The Turning Green team working with campus reps, student volunteers, faculty, and staff at each participating school.
When does it take place? March 18 through May 2, 2019 at 16 college campuses
How can you opt in? Apply here for #CCRT2019
Why host a tour stop?
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The Conscious Information Station (CIS)
- 8:00 – 11:00 am: Set up
- Volunteers open and unload boxes, set tables, etc.
- TG team goes over important information about each table with volunteers.
- Campus Reps ensure there are 1-2 volunteers managing each table at all times.
- We request students to help with social media, photography and video to capture the magic of the day.
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm: Conscious Information Station (CIS)
- Volunteers teach the campus community about conscious living through peer-to-peer education, engaging students with info boards, product sampling, hands-on demos, activities, and in-depth conversations.
- Tables include the following themes: body/wellness, food, fashion, clean, zero waste, and space.
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm: Breakdown
- 8:00 – 11:00 am: Set up
- Town Hall
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm: Set up
- 5:00 pm: Pick up dinner and set up buffet
- 6:00 – 8:30 pm: Town Hall
- Facilitate collaboration among students, faculty, and campus decision-makers to set goals, create committees, tasks, and timelines around a campus sustainability initiative.
- The TG team and partners will mentor and support student leaders to reach their established goals.
- 8:30 – 9:00 pm: Breakdown
2018 TOUR STOPS
- March 21 – Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI
- March 22/23 – Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY
- March 27 – Rice University in Houston, TX
- March 29 – Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA
- April 2 – The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH
- April 4 – Saint Louis University in St. Louis, MO
- April 10 – Penn State University in State College, PA
- April 12 – Kent State University in Kent, OH
- April 16 – The George Washington University in Washington, DC
- April 18 – Clemson University in Clemson, SC
- April 18 – University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC
- April 19 – Davidson College in Davidson, NC
- April 23 – National University of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
- April 26 – University of California, Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA
- May 2 – University of California, Davis in Davis, CA