Pull from these text and visual resources for your outreach around Project Green Challenge!
Use this sample email to encourage professors, teachers, and club presidents to spread the word about Project Green Challenge! Feel free to adapt or customize to meet your needs.
Dear (Individual or group name),
My name is (name), and I am a Campus Representative with an environmental nonprofit called Turning Green. I’m reaching out to ask you to help spread the word for students to sign up for Project Green Challenge (PGC). PGC is a 30-day call to action that informs, inspires and mobilizes high school, college, and graduate students worldwide focused on climate action, public health, social justice and advocacy.
I am including a flyer below, in hopes that you will share widely with networks, list servs, classes, leaders, departments, clubs, and personal or group social media platforms to encourage sign ups for PGC!
PGC takes place each October and features eco-themed challenges ranging from food, fashion, waste, water and more, empowering students with mentorship, advocacy, and leadership skills. Daily challenges have 3 or 4 levels of engagement (Green, Greener, Greenest, and Extra Credit) with points awarded for each submission and daily eco-prizes for outstanding content. Since launching in 2011, this initiative has engaged over 321,500 students directly, and tens of millions indirectly, spanning more than 13,397 campuses in all 50 states and 164 countries.
We will also be hosting a campus event on (date) at (time) at (location). It would be great to have your support with (type of help that you need…people to table, designing posters, sending out an email to students, etc.). Let’s get as many students as we can to take climate action this October with PGC — and even send a representative from our school to the PGC Finals in November. Please help spread the word to get signups! I know widespread participation in PGC will benefit our campus, community and world. I look forward to your response!
(name, year, email)
Use this sample email to get Campus/Country/Continent Reps to sign up! Feel free to adapt or customize to meet your needs.
My name is (name), I am a fellow sustainability enthusiast studying (major) in (country). I am also a Campus Rep with Turning Green, a California-based nonprofit organization working with youth globally, at the intersection of climate action and social and environmental justice. We would love to invite you to be a part of our impactful, inspiring and mobilizing project as we build capacity for Project Green Challenge, the global fall initiative, and our Campus Rep Campaign movement.
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN TEAM (country or continent name)
Right now we are accepting applications for our Continent, Country and Campus Representatives. We’re working to enlist at least 200 Representatives around the world to host tables on their campuses, use social media and engage students to sign-up for our 12th annual Project Green Challenge. You can see more about it on the website!
We are inviting students to take a leadership role for one of three opportunities listed below. We suggest that students enlist 3-4 representatives at each level to support one another and to make the journey fun and collaborative.
Team (continent name): Continent Representatives
Continent Representatives will help manage the contacts within their countries. We are asking Continent Reps to help identify and reach out to Country Reps. Our database can be used and also other networks like Fridays for the Future.
Team (continent name): Country Representatives
Country Representatives will be asked to form a team of 4 or more to help engage Campus Reps. The TG database will be a starting point and we will ask them to each identify and find key contacts for 50-100 campuses and engage Campus Reps across their country.
Team (continent name): Campus Representatives
Campus Reps will be asked to form a team of 4 or more and host a sign up event on campus, spread the word via social media, and engage as many students as they can to participate in PGC 2022. Our goal is to engage students to lead climate action on their campuses.
Would you be willing to circulate this to student leaders who may be interested, available and ready to join like-minded students across the planet to help build a healthy, just and resilient future? We look forward to having students fill out our application either as a Continent Representative, Country Representative or Campus Representative for Team (continent name).
For more information, click here. To apply today, click here. Follow @TurningGreenOrg on Instagram and across social media. You can also email Turning Green at firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all questions or ideas!
Turning Green is a global student-led movement devoted to cultivating a healthy, just, resilient planet through education and advocacy around climate justice, environmental sustainability, and public health. We educate, empower, and mobilize elementary, middle, high school, college and graduate students to become visionary catalysts for sustainable change and positive social impact in their lives, school campuses, and local communities. Join us today!
Below are some blurbs and social media posts to get you started! Feel free to adapt and write your own to accompany PGC flyers and graphics that you share across networks!
Instagram and/or Facebook – Option 1
Students from around the globe are embarking on Project Green Challenge, a 30-day challenge to learn about climate justice, sustainability and environmental advocacy with the chance to win daily prizes, a $5,000 Green Award, a trip to San Francisco for finalists, funding for local Climate Action Projects and more! I am a campus rep and here’s why I think YOU should sign up for this @TurningGreenOrg program:
🌏 Meet the next generation of student climate activists from all over the world
🌱 Learn about environmentalism and sustainability
🗣️ Watch participants find their voices and discover their passions
👂🏼 Hear brilliant ideas and learning from everyone’s discoveries
👐 Make lifelong connections and forming a strong community of environmental leaders!
Sign up now at ProjectGreenChallenge.com! #PGC2022
I believe in the power of activism and youth to change the world. That’s why I’m proud to be a Campus Rep with @TurningGreenOrg on their 12th annual Project Green Challenge, a 30-day challenge for students from around the world that kicks off October 1. SIGN UP TODAY! Starting October 1, thousands of students will embark on the sustainability journey of a lifetime, addressing a new aspect of climate advocacy each day of October, with the chance to win daily prizes, a $5,000 Green Award, travel to San Francisco for finalists, funding for local Climate Action Projects and more! #PGC2022 topics include climate justice, water conservation, sustainable energy, zero waste, healthy food, organic agriculture, fair trade, and more. Are you up for the challenge? Interested students can sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com. Spread the word and follow @TurningGreenOrg to stay up to date!
Ready for a life-changing, inspirational, eco-conscious crash course in sustainability and advocacy? Sign up for Project Green Challenge! During the 30-day challenge this October, students will be informed, empowered and mobilized to act on climate issues TOGETHER. Daily topics include ecological footprint, climate justice, food waste, clean energy, biodiversity, water conservation, fair trade, and more. I am a Campus Rep with @TurningGreenOrg and want YOU to sign up for #PGC2022 now at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
Project Green Challenge starts October 1. SIGN UP NOW. Students from around the world will go all-in on creating lasting change for our planet, as the next generation of climate activists. Are you up for the challenge or know someone who is? #PGC2022 is open to high school, college and grad students. Participants win daily prizes and finalists will be flown to San Francisco for a chance at a $5,000 Green Award and funding for local Climate Action Projects and more! If you’re a student like me who is passionate about the environment, this challenge is for you. Sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com and follow @TurningGreenOrg to find out more.
If you’re ready to get started and take action to sustain a healthy and just planet, then Project Green Challenge is for you. Throughout this 30-day challenge in October, PGC engages students to transition from conventional to conscious living through simple, fun, and high impact steps relating to various environmental themes including biodiversity, climate justice, energy, and more. Up to 20 outstanding submissions are chosen daily to receive fabulous eco-prize packages! After the 30 day challenge, up to 16 outstanding participants are selected as PGC Finalists and are flown to San Francisco for the Project Green Challenge Finals in mid November for a 3-day eco-summit, giving them the opportunity to develop a Climate Action Project for their campus. One will be named #PGC2022 Champion and win a spectacular Grand Prize package valued at $7,000. Sign up at projectgreenchallenge.com TODAY.
Hello friends! I’m a Campus Representative for an awesome competition called Project Green Challenge hosted by @TurningGreenOrg. For 30 days in October, you compete with students at (tag your school here) and from campuses all over the world. 16 PGC Finalists will be flown to San Francisco, CA for the PGC Finals and asked to develop a climate action project! Message me for more details. Sign up for #PGC2022 at projectgreenchallenge.com.
Want to win eco-prizes and a $5,000 Green Award? Sign up for @TurningGreenOrg Project Green Challenge. The competition takes place from Oct. 1-30 (it will seriously change your life). I’m a Campus Representative for (tag your school here), so let me know if you want to sign up and check out the link for more details: projectgreenchallenge.com. #PGC2022
Hello everyone! My name is (insert name here) and I am a campus representative for Project Green Challenge hosted by @Turninggreenorg. If you are looking for a way to engage in environmental activism and learn something new about the climate then you should sign up for #PGC2022! For the month of October, you complete daily challenges and win prizes with students from all around the world. Up to 16 PGC finalists will be flown to San Francisco to develop a climate action project together. To register now go to projectgreenchallenge.com and message me if you have any questions!
If you are a student looking for a way to consistently engage in climate action and learn how to sustain a healthy planet, then you will want to sign up for Project Green Challenge. For 30 days in October, you will be sent daily tasks that relate to various environmental themes such as zero waste living, biodiversity, or climate justice. Each day submissions are selected and those participants will receive eco-prize packages! At the end of 30 days, up to 16 outstanding participants will be flown to San Francisco for a 3-day eco-summit to develop a climate action plan for their campuses. If this sounds exciting and possibly life-changing you can register at projectgreenchallenge.com and dm me if you have any questions! #PGC2022
If you are looking for a way to make tangible change with a global network of students and activists, you should look into Project Green Challenge. In October you will be sent daily challenges, learn, take action and have the opportunity to win prizes. The participants who perform the best in the challenges will be flown to San Francisco for a climate summit and be considered for the Grand Prize of $5,000. Register at projectgreenchallenge.com and dm me with any questions. #PGC2022
- Join us, @TurningGreenOrg and thousands of young leaders to become informed, inspired, mobilized and empowered to take action on environmental and social justice. Sign up for #PGC2022 at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- Calling all students who are ready to transform the world into a healthier, more just and resilient planet! Are you up for the experience of a lifetime with @TurningGreenOrg? Sign up for #PGC2022 now at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- Want to change the world, but don’t know where to start? Sign up for ProjectGreenChallenge.com and embark on a 30-day journey diving into all things environmental with @TurningGreenOrg!
- Calling all students! Have you heard of ProjectGreenChallenge.com? It’s a 30-day eco-challenge to inform, empower and mobilize environmental leaders. Check out @TurningGreenOrg’s #PGC2022 to learn and sign up!
- #PCG2021 is open to all high school and college students! Anyone ready to embark on this 30-day challenge with @TurningGreenOrg can sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com! Don’t miss the opportunity of a lifetime,
- On October 1, students from around the world will undertake a 30-day challenge to rise as eco leaders and change the world. Want to take part in @TurningGreenOrg’s #PGC2022? Sign up now at ProjectGreenChallenge.com!
- Join thousands of student leaders and @TurningGreenOrg this October for #PGC2022. Become informed, empowered, and mobilized to take action on environmental and social justice. Sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- Calling all students who are ready to transform the world into a healthier, safer, more just planet! Are you up for the experience of a lifetime? Sign up for @TurningGreen’s #PGC2022 now at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- Want to change the world but don’t know where to start? Sign up for ProjectGreenChallenge.com and embark on a 30-day journey diving into all things environmental. Join @TurningGreenOrg and students worldwide for #PGC2022 to become environmental leaders.
- High school and college students: Transform your life and take action on environmental and social justice with @TurningGreenOrg this October! Sign up for #PGC2022 at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- Join thousands of students in the environmental challenge of a lifetime: the 11th annual Project Green Challenge from @TurningGreenOrg! Sign up for #PGC2022 at ProjectGreenChallenge.com.
- We are thrilled to partner with @TurningGreenOrg for #PGC2022! Project Green Challenge starts October 1. Sign up now to take action on environmental and social justice at ProjectGreenChallenge.com!
- Hey students! It’s time to take action on environmental and social justice. Sign up for Project Green Challenge this October. Get informed, inspired, and mobilized with @TurningGreenOrg at ProjectGreenChallenge.com! #PGC2022
- Do you want to change the world? Sign up for Project Green Challenge – a 30 day challenge this October. Take action on environmental and social justice with @TurningGreenOrg. Sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com! #PGC2022
- Student registration for @TurningGreenOrg’s #PGC2022 is now open! Transform your life, change the world, take action on environmental and social justice! Sign up at ProjectGreenChallenge.com
Flyers and Graphics
Post, share about, print and promote PGC widely with the graphics below — for sign ups (US-based and international versions) and one for campus reps specifically! Feel free to make your own or adapt as well.