What are the Benefits of Being a Campus Representative?
- Win prizes for having the most participants on the first day of PGC (top three winners will receive $100 worth of ethical products from Turning Green)
- Learn about the inner workings of Turning Green and have an entry point for working in other roles including internships, teaching assistants, and fellowships
- Have access to Turning Green network of students and alumni
- Build new connections with like-minded students from across the planet
- First 30 campus representatives in the U.S. will have the opportunity to host a sponsored event, with products from our sustainable corporate partners.
- Clubs and professors can use Project Green Challenge activities to build engagement on campus
What makes Project Green Challenge different from all the other climate action programs?
- 25 Environmental and social justice themes under one umbrella
- Gamified platform – It’s fun, empowering, and you learn a ton
- Opportunity to win fabulous prizes daily
- Opportunity to share in the $5,000 Green Award to support Climate Action Projects
- Clubs can use activities in Project Green Challenge to build engagement on campus
- Professors can use Project Green Challenge to support topics being taught in class
What work is required as a Campus Representative?
- It’s easy, fun and meaningful! Turning Green provides flyers, letters and outreach materials for you to share, while fully welcoming your creative input!
- Come to one onboarding meeting
- Host a PGC Sign up event in September on your campus (we provide materials, you find a space on campus)
- Ask questions and connect with other Campus Representatives around the world on our Facebook Group
- Share PGC materials with students and professors on your campus
- Engage 1-3 other students to work with you (often Campus Representative teams have a student from each grade which makes this task even easier)
- Get as many sign-ups as you can! A good target is between 50-100. Professors and partner Reps are always there for additional support.